SRES® Course Overview
The Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES®) Designation Course helps REALTORS® develop the specialized skills needed to assist clients over the age of 50.
By taking the two-day course online or in person, you'll gain an understanding of how best to help your buyers and sellers—and their families—handle transitions in their lifestyle. You'll also receive professional training and development suitable for continuing education credit in many states.
Through the SRES® designation course, you'll gain knowledge in a wide variety of subject areas.
Senior housing options
- Understand the types of housing available for the 50+ market
- Identify key life stages, viewpoints, and transitions in relation to housing choices
- Recognize how a home can be adapted for safety, comfort, and aging in place
Counseling senior clients
- Learn how reverse mortgages, pensions, 401(k) accounts, and IRAs impact real estate decisions
- Identify mortgage finance and loan schemes and scams that victimize borrowers over the age of 50
- Help clients integrate disposition of real property into estate plans
- Ensure your transactions comply with federal laws, including the Housing for Older Persons Act (HOPA)
- Stay focused on the transaction and avoid inappropriate involvement in family matters
- Assemble a team of experts to help you serve ages 50+ clients and customers
- Gain knowledge of how Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security affect your clients
Marketing to seniors
- Uncover distinguishing characteristics and trends of the ages 50+ real estate market
- Evaluate your market area attractiveness to senior prospects
- Develop services that win and sustain client relationships and position you as a trusted real estate advisor
- Create business-building outreach methods for communicating and gaining market share
To successfully complete the course, you'll need to take a final exam and achieve a passing grade.